Karen Curtis - Personal Stylist
As a licensed professional counselor and fashion enthusiast, Your Stylist, Karen operates out of a way of life theory. Personal styling services are one aspect of making a more polished version of you. My goal is to "style" you from the inside to the outside. Many times, how we look on the outside is a direct reflection of how we feel on the inside. I really enjoy assisting people to feel and look the part of a confident and happy woman!
Your Stylist, Karen will collaborate directly with you to restructure your entire wardrobe, including accessories, by reorganizing and producing head to toe looks that are multi-functional while meeting your unique needs. Every person is different, but we can all agree that we want to look great and feel great. I can help you pull it all together. With some assistance from me, you will be on your way to a better you, no matter your age, size or budget.
Many people hire me to simply refresh their perspective on style or updating (or reaccessorizing) their wardrobe. Clients use the services of Your Stylist, Karen for many different reasons:
- Closet Revamps and Seasonal Transitions
- Closet Shopping and/or Personal Shopping
- Maternity Updates (During and Post)
- Photo Shoot Styling (to include wardrobe and/or accessories)
- Professional Wardrobe
- Special Occasion Styling (Balls, Engagement, Galas, Bride/Wedding Party, etc)
- Travel Styling (vacations & trips - includes packing!)
The Styling Process:
All potential clients are given a complimentary 30 minute consultation. The style consultation launches our relationship and it includes a Personal Style Assessment that will allow me to design a plan tailored to your specific needs. Consultations can be done in person or via telephone.
- Closet Clean Out - The closet clean out lasts approximately 2-3 hours and involves reviewing your entire wardrobe to ensure you are meeting your image and style goals.
- Shopping Excursion - Shopping with your personal stylist is extremely efficient and fun. Karen will create your perfect wardrobe by finding pieces to compliment what’s already in your closet.
- Outfit Planning - The final but most important step is putting everything together to communicate your personal style. An outfit planning session includes pictures and a Look Book so you have an easy reference guide to your wardrobe.
Don't have a lot of time but want to update your wardrobe? Virtual Styling may be just the answer.
- Virtual Styling - With help from the web, I will be your virtual stylist. After an in-depth phone consultation and completion of the Personal Style Assessment I will create a unique online shopping guide for complete looks that are designed and tailored just for you. The shopping guide will include purchasing links for all suggested pieces.
**All Services Include A Personal Look Book with digital photos for easy reference**
**Gift Certificates are available! **
$50+ / Hour
“Fashion is mute without style, your character and enthusiasm give it a voice.” June Ambrose
"Working with Karen was so energizing! My wardrobe was in desperate need of a makeover and she helped me with a closet clean out. We systematically went through each season's clothing, accessories and shoes. I learned about closet essentials and what I needed to add to my wardrobe. Karen then accompanied me on a shopping trip where we maximized my budget. Not only did my wardrobe get a makeover, my confidence level and my outlook on styling myself also increased. I learned that my unique style could still shine through while incorporating basics." - Candace C. in Alexandria, VA
"I was referred to Karen after realizing that I needed a wardrobe intervention. From the beginning, Karen's positive attitude and enthusiasm was contagious. She was thorough in providing a complete closet purge as well as teaching me by explaining her process as we worked together. I am a serial purchaser of "pretty" things that are way too big for me. Karen showed me the error of my ways and shared with me the reasons fitted and or tailored clothing flatters my slim figure. Another extremely helpful point was her knowledge of accessories and how to couple them with my existing wardrobe. Karen's bubbly attitude, gentle yet firm advice was so needed." - Rene H. in Silver Spring, MD
"MY Stylist, Karen was such a blessing to me as I prepared for my wedding. Karen assisted me in selecting my bridesmaids and hostess dresses along with their statement earrings. Karen first assisted me by creating and proposing various looks virtually. I was able to narrow down my selections from her suggestions. I was then joined by Karen on a shopping trip to find the perfect dresses for my wedding party. Karen was patient yet focused as we made our selections. Karen is THE source for accessories and has the loveliest home office which displays a ton of options from which to choose. My wedding was a success and I appreciate the part that Karen played in it! - Candace E. in Washington, DC
"Karen's blog was shared with me via a friend. I was immediately hooked! When I discovered that she offered styling services I immediately sent her a message for help! I felt like I knew her already through her blog and she was so relatable. We met in an area Karen suggested, Mosaic District in NoVA, and I was introduced to the cutest stores. We took an initial tour and then focused on a couple of stores that fit my needs for professional attire. I am no longer a student but a young professional and want to look the part. I left with a few new items that I would have never picked on my own. I would definitely use Karen's services again." - Samantha U. in Chantilly, VA
Would you like to review Karen? CLICK HERE