Springtime is for cleaning, and summertime is for decorating! With a million excuses to host a party or have guests over this summer, it's finally time to take your space to the next level. If you're not ready for a full re-do or don't have a ton of money to spend, consider picking up some of these fab finds hand selected by local interior designer Elizabeth Smith.
- Threshold™ Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug - Neon Yellow ($99.99 - $199.99): This fun, vibrant area rug can be used inside or outside. The bold pattern and color can instantly brighten your bedroom or living room. Don’t worry about trying to match the rest of your room to this rug. The vibrant yellow will add a pop of color to most dark or neutral rooms. At a price of $99, this 5x7 rug is hard to beat!
- Metal Sunburst Mirror – Gold ($34.99): Who can resist a sunburst mirror? This mirror can be used anywhere in your home. It is an interesting mirror to place either above a bed or your fireplace. The delicate nature of this Target find lends itself well to hanging above a dresser, too. If you are looking for a statement piece, this beautiful mirror will definitely brighten your home and leave a lasting impression!
- Threshold Serving Tray – Brown ($39.99): Trays are one of my favorite accessories to decorate with because they are such versatile pieces to have in your home. This tray can be used to organize the contents of a coffee table, add sophistication to your mini bar, or rest on the end of your couch. A tray will group objects together no matter how diverse the objects are. This Threshold tray from Target is rustic, yet chic. The aged mirror adds a touch of glamour to the piece. At $39.99, this tray is a real steal!
- Orbit Trio Floor Lamp 54" – Black ($64.99): The Trio Floor Lamp is a stylish way to add light to your home. Perched on three delicate legs, this floor lamp provides a modern look at a modest price. Similar lamps at higher end stores can cost upwards of $200 but this lamp will only cost you $64.99. At 54 inches high, it can stand-alone or perch beside a chair to light up your home.
- Nate Berkus Dipped Bowl ($19.99): A decorative bowl is a great, inexpensive way to add a touch of color or an interesting pattern to any space. I chose this gold-dipped Nate Berkus bowl for its fun shape and color. You can put your keys, candy, or jewelry in the bowl to add functionality. Set it on a coffee table, in your entryway or to collect miscellaneous items such as earrings in your bathroom, and enjoy!
- Damask Square Toss Pillow Collection ($19.99 - $40.00): At $20 apiece, these colorful, reversible and complementary pillows can add instant life to a room. One side of these pillows is patterned and the other is a bright, solid color. Give your home a quick upgrade by adding a collection of these pillows to your couch or bedroom and arranging them on alternate sides. The bold pattern will add life to a tired couch without breaking the bank.
- Elizabeth Smith
Want more amazing pieces? Work directly with Elizabeth to find selections perfect for your space (yes, even the smallest of apartments). She will even shop for you if you don't have the time! Touch base with Elizabeth here to find out how she can help improve your space.
- Steph & The Fortique Team